“Oh, I ain’t going in there,” Peter said, peering at the neon-lit windows of the sex club through a pair of old-fashioned binoculars. “They’ve got fucking tentacle monsters. And while I’m accepting of different kinds of species, I’m not going anywhere near those.”
Drax folded his muscular arms…
- 4 tbsps (1/4 cup) culinary lavender*
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 2 cups cold water
Steep the lavender in 2 cups of boiling water for 15 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the lavender. Place the lavender tea and the sugar in a small saucepan and set over high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves (you don’t have to put it over heat, but I do this because I’m impatient and want the sugar to dissolve faster and completely). Remove from heat and let cool to warm. Stir in the lemon juice. Stir in the cold water. Add more to taste. I prefer to keep mine on the concentrated side because I like to mix it with seltzer water when I serve it. Serve over ice. Makes about 6-8 cups depending on how dilute you want it.
*Culinary lavender is lavender harvested for the purposes of cooking/eating. Please don’t buy the perfumed air-freshening kind because that is going to be utterly gross. If you want your lemonade to turn pink, you need to get the hidcote variety (that’s the only one that turns it pink).
I’ve made this before, and it’s super delicious! In fact, I plan on making it this weekend.
THE EXISTENTIAL TERROR OF THE VOID | a welcome to night vale fanmix
The Arctic is lit by the midnight sun. The surface of the moon is lit by the face of the earth. Our little town, too, is lit by lights just above that we cannot explain.
01. …AND THE FOREST BEGAN TO SING | Royksöpp
02. ALPHA BETA GAGA | Air
03. SHUCK | Purity Ring
04. FILM | Aphex Twin
05. THE DEVIL | PJ Harvey
06. MARZ | John Grant
07. A HANDSOME STRANGER CALLED DEATH | Foe
08. CALADAN | Grimes
09. BUS TO BEELZEBUB | Soul Coughing
10. MANDALA | Morcheeba
11. WANDERING STAR | Portishead
12. HORSEFISH | Amon Tobin
13. A WALK | Tycho
14. BLINKING PIGS | Little Dragon
15. SLOWLY | Amon Tobin
16. CANDYLAND | CocoRosie
17. LOOK… THE SUN IS RISING | The Flaming Lips
anyway here’s wonderwall → exactly what it sounds like, you’re welcome
01. “wonderwall” – natalie lungley // 02. “wonderwall” – hurts //03. “wonderwall” (gregorian chant version) // 04. “wonderwall” (live) – noel gallagher // 05. “wonderwall” – vitamin string quartet // 06. “wonderwall” – ed sheeran // 07. “wonderwall” (punk version) – cartel //08. “wonderwall” – katy mcallister //09. “wonderwall” – cat power // 10. “wonderwall” – ryan adams // 11. “wonderwall” – jake coco // 12. “wonderwall” – oasis